The mission of the Richmond Promise is to ensure every young person in Richmond graduates from high school with the resources and tools necessary to secure a high quality education, qualify for well-paying careers and live a healthy, opportunity-rich life.
That Richmond students are...
1. Prepared to attend college directly from high school
2. Graduate from high school being UC/CSU eligible
3. Attend accredited 4-year universities + community colleges (and successfully transfer from community college to a 4-year university)
4. Complete a bachelor's degree, associate degree, or career & technical education
The Richmond Promise is a unified effort on behalf of the City of Richmond, WCCUSD, Contra Costa College, Community and Philanthropic Partners to create a college graduating culture in Richmond focused on two overarching strategies:
1. Removing Barriers: Place-based scholarship to remove financial barriers to matriculation
2. Creating Pathways: Cultivating effective partnerships; identification and alignment of educational resources to support college going, college readiness, and college success