Contra Costa College First Year Experience
The First Year Experience was created specifically to support Richmond Promise Scholars attending Contra Costa College!
CCC Richmond Promise Scholars must participate in the First Year Experience or another learning community, such as the Puente Project or Per Ankh, as a requirement to receive their scholarship.
Please review and complete the required next steps below to enroll into the First Year Experience and receive your Richmond Promise Scholarship:
- Apply to Contra Costa College and complete the Steps to Success at www.contracosta.edu/steps-to-success
- Register for and attend Counseling 108 or complete an Education Plan with a CCC counselor. This is a required Step to Success.
- Register for Summer 2017 classes: Register for Math 875N, Section 0324 as a part of Math Jam.
- Complete the Math Jam application at ccc.hsistem.com/enroll
- Register for Fall 2017 classes: Make sure to include the math you placed into, Tutoring 875N, and Counseling 130 into your Fall schedule.
- May 16: CCC After Dark: http://www.contracosta.edu/event/ccc-after-dark/
- Attend one College Success Workshop at CCC on June 20 or June 21. RSVP at www.therichmondpromise.eventbrite.com
- Register for Summer classes, Math Jam, and Fall classes if you haven't already (See above for details).
July 31-August 4
- Attend Math Jam! Find more information at http://www.contracosta.edu/classes/learning-communities/math-jam/
no later than august 1
- Submit class schedule to the Richmond Promise.