Find Free Tax Preparation Assistance Near You!

You will need your most recent federal income tax returns to complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act application. Local providers are here to help! See the map below for a collection of local organizations, or visit to find free tax assistance near you! When you are going to get your taxes prepared, be sure to bring with you the following:

  1. Photo identification (for you and your spouse, if filing jointly) 
  2. Social Security card or ITIN for each family member 
  3. W-2 forms for all jobs held in 2015 
  4. All 1099, 1098, or other tax forms 
  5. Savings and checking account and routing numbers for Tax Refund Direct Deposit
  6. Prior year’s tax return Preparation 
  7. Your household’s health coverage information (1095-A if bought through Covered CA)